Are you an entrepreneurial-minded designer looking to advance your career by joining a growing creative and production agency? Do you thrive as a self-driven freelancer but desire the solidity and support of a studio team environment to conquer greater projects? If that sounds like the right opportunity for you, we’d like to hear about it.
You will work hand in hand with a production team to fulfill client’s needs and deadlines. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software, and a professional approach to timelines, budgets, costs, and deadlines.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently and within a team, willing to pitch in where needed and have the skills necessary to provide inspired design solutions. You should be adept at ensuring that proposed solutions meet the requirements of the client and the creative brief.
The ideal candidate should also have the ability (and desire) to self-start and problem solve as well as be receptive to feedback, and take ownership of decisions and ideas. Your organizational skills should be strong and you should have the ability to manage multiple project deadlines and conflicting priorities while allocating relevant amounts of time according to the value of the job.
In your role of Graphic Designer/Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Building successful client & team relationships.
- Working as part of a team with other designers, printers, copywriters, photographers, account executives, art directors, web developers, and marketing specialists.
- Understand our business model and products.
- Promote the services and products of the company.
- Be knowledgeable of the operation and all company equipment & procedures.
- Meeting clients and becoming their account executive to discuss the business/project objectives and requirements
- Interpreting the client’s needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose.
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients.
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients or account managers.
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design.
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
The ideal candidate who will be most successful in this role has:
Skills & Attributes
- High operating proficiency of Mac and/or PC computers.
- High proficiency with many Adobe Creative Cloud apps such as Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop, XD, After Effects, Animate, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat.
- Proficiencies in any of the following skills are strong assets: marketing, animation, storyboarding, 3D modelling, photography, and creative copywriting.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- The ability to confidently sell their design concepts and ideas.
- Excellent active listening and communication skills.
- Must be confident and reliable, motivated and goal oriented.
- An entrepreneurial spirit paired with a business-mindset.
- The ability to confidently promote company products and services.
- Fluent bilingual (English & French) communication and writing skills is a strong asset but not mandatory.
- Possession of a G-class driver’s licence.
- 1-3 years of experience in a studio or freelance in Graphic Design/Project Management position is a strong asset but not mandatory.
- Experience working in a design, marketing, web or print production-related business is a strong asset.
- Having worked as part of a team and autonomously is an asset.
- Sales and client service experience is a strong asset.
- Diploma or Degree (or equivalent) in any of the following fields of study: Graphic Design, Interactive Media Design, Animation, or Illustration.
Permanent – Full Time.
The chosen candidate will be working from our headquarters, located in Casselman Ontario.
$19.50 to $21.50 per hour ($40K to $44K annually based on 40 hrs/week).
Compensation will be based on demonstration of your experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills. Wages are further evaluated after passing a 3-month and/or 6-month period.
What we offer you:
- Group insurance & health benefits.
- Profit sharing Bonus Program.
- Travel cost reimbursement for business related trips, training, and meetings.
- A flexible work environment within a growing company.
- Advancement opportunities: We believe in an open work environment that allows you and your team role to evolve as your strengths emerge and experience grows.
- Annual company retreat.
About KB Media
KB Media is a leading media solutions company supplying full service experience in the areas of design & branding, marketing & communications, print media, promotional items, signage & wraps, websites & hosting, photography & video, and special event coordination.
With its headquarters located 25 minutes East of Ottawa and offices in Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto, KB Media assists various companies with the management and strategy of their corporate branding programs. Few companies are in a position that allows them to dedicate an experienced team of designers, project managers, production artists, and consultants to this task.
As a team of experts with over 30 years of experience, KB Media provides comprehensive services that allow its clients to accomplish their branding objectives effectively. Striving to develop long-term relationships with clients by providing unparalleled service and expertise, KB Media recognizes that performance that continually meets and exceeds client expectations is the key to achieving that goal.
How to Apply
Please send a PDF of your resume, cover letter, and your portfolio (web portfolio url on your resume is an accepted alternative) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please explain your experience and why you think you are the right candidate. Your portfolio will preferably contain (but is not limited to) a variety of graphic works ranging from branding, traditional print, vehicle/commercial graphics, signage, illustration, motion graphics, web/UI projects, 3D renderings and more. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.