We are looking for a vinyl graphics installer to work solo and alongside other Vinyl Installers with vehicle wrap installation, signage fabrication and installation, as well as operate wide format printers on occasion.
As an ideal candidate, you are willing to pitch in where needed and have the skills necessary to provide installation and production solutions and support. You will exhibit the traits of a self-starter and also have the ability (and desire) to problem solve, be receptive to feedback, and take ownership of decisions and ideas. Your organisational skills should be sharp and you should have the ability to manage deadlines and conflicting priorities while allocating relevant amounts of time to each of these.
In your role of Vehicle Wrap & Sign Installer, you will be responsible for:
- Measuring, cutting, preparing and organizing materials for vehicles, signs and various other applications.
- Preparing vehicles, walls, windows, and transit buses for vinyl graphic installations.
- Cutting vinyl and apply on both flat and curved surfaces of the vehicles.
- Using a heat gun for installations in seams, wheel wells, and other grooves for adherence or removal.
- Installing and removing interior and exterior signage.
- Assisting on or leading installation of framing systems on various surfaces.
- Looking after production logistics, including material inventory and scheduling.
- Working as part of a team with other installers, designers, printers, account executives, and accountants.
The ideal candidate who will be most successful in this role has:
Skills & Attributes
- Possession of a valid G Class Ontario Driver’s licence with a clean record.
- Proficient with a measuring tape and tools such as blades, saws, drills, hammers.
- Proficient with graphics industry tools such as laminators, applicators, heat guns, graphic squeegees, etc. is a strong asset but not mandatory.
- Punctual, polite, and able to work in a team environment.
- Acute attention to detail and a strong sense of organisation.
- WHMIS & Working at Heights certification is a strong asset.
- Fluent bilingual communication skills (English & French) is a strong asset.
- Experience in graphics production, signage assembly, printing, and/or vinyl wrap production and installation.
- Some experience in a skilled trade or manufacturing and assembly industry is a strong asset but not required.
Certifications & Clearances
- 3M Preferred Graphics Installer Certification is a strong asset but not required.
- A valid Reliability Status or Personnel Security Clearance is an asset. If you do not have one, a mandatory Reliability Screening will be provided to you.
Permanent – Full Time.
The chosen candidate will be working from our headquarters, located in Casselman Ontario.
$19.50 to $21.50 per hour ($40K to $44K annually based on 40 hrs/week).
Compensation will be based on demonstration of your experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills. Wages are further evaluated after passing a 6-month probationary period.
What we offer you:
- Group insurance & health benefits.
- Profit sharing Bonus Program.
- Travel cost reimbursement for business related trips, training, and meetings.
- A flexible work environment within a growing company.
- Advancement opportunities: We believe in an open work environment that allows you and your team role to evolve as your strengths emerge and experience grows.
- Annual company retreat.
About KB Media
KB Media is a leading media solutions company supplying full service experience in the areas of design & branding, marketing & communications, print media, promotional items, signage & wraps, websites & hosting, photography & video, and special event coordination.
With its headquarters located 25 minutes East of Ottawa and offices in Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto, KB Media assists various companies with the management and strategy of their corporate branding programs. Few companies are in a position that allows them to dedicate an experienced team of designers, project managers, production artists, and consultants to this task.
As a team of experts with over 30 years of experience, KB Media provides comprehensive services that allow its clients to accomplish their branding objectives effectively. Striving to develop long-term relationships with clients by providing unparalleled service and expertise, KB Media recognizes that performance that continually meets and exceeds client expectations is the key to achieving that goal.
How to Apply
Please send a PDF of your resume by email to email@example.com or leave a printed copy at our office. Please explain your experience and why you think you are the right candidate. If you have one, an attached copy or URL link to your portfolio of past related trades or graphics work can be included as well. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.